Improving teeth with a trusted Oak Brook dentist
People need dental crowns for a variety of reasons. The most common ones include:
- To protect a tooth weakened from decay or one that has actually started cracking from further damage
- As a cover for a dental implant
- Restoration of a broken or severely worn tooth
- To conceal teeth that are badly discolored or misshapen
- As a means to hold a dental bridge in place
- Support for a tooth with a large cavity when a large percentage of the tooth is missing
- To improve your smile and overall appearance
The Procera Crown
You have several options when it comes to choosing a crown, but the procera crown offers advantages that other types do not have. It is made completely of ceramic, which means that its shading matches the natural color of your teeth more closely than other types. The process of receiving a procera crown is faster because it is easier to fabricate and install. In addition, patients consistently mention that this type of crown is aesthetically pleasing to them.
How to Go About Getting a Procera Crown
Dr. Haque of Oak Brook Smiles needs just two appointments to install your new crown. These are typically one week apart as opposed to a duration of two weeks or longer for similar procedures. These are the steps he follows when placing your new procera crown:
- During your evaluation, Dr. Haque takes an impression of your teeth and jaw to create a cast. Our lab technicians create then a prototype crown.
- The second step is to prepare and adjust surrounding teeth that will support the crown if necessary. Dr. Haque also takes another impression for the permanent fitting.
- One week later, you return for placement of your permanent crown.