It is not enough to simply brush our teeth every day. To have truly beautiful teeth requires more than just brushing. Extra time taken in looking after your teeth can have a big impact on how your smile looks.
It is absolutely possible to keep your teeth and mouth healthy for a lifetime simply by following these easy steps:
- Understand what your teeth need in order to stay healthy. Don’t be put off by the cost of dental visits since a good dental insurance policy will cover the cost of these. Each patient has their own particular oral conditions, so talk to your hygienist or dentist about any particular health issues which may affect yours. Your dentist will then be able to tell you just what needs to be done to keep your teeth and mouth healthy and looking beautiful.
- Dental health can be affected by general or specific medical conditions. Examples would be cancer treatments, pregnancy, heart diseases, diabetes and dental appliances (dentures, braces) – these can all affect your oral health and may require an adjustment in the care of your mouth or teeth, so make sure to tell your dentist if your health has changed in any way.
- Tell your dentist what medications you are currently taking. It is important to tell your dentist if any of your existing medications has changed, as some medicines can have an effect on your teeth. Remember, oral and dental health advice can only be given when your dentist is aware of the health issues which play an important role in your overall health.
Helpful Tips on Your Dental Appointment
- Keep a journal of questions that you may want to ask your dentist.
- Take your journal with you to your appointment so you won’t forget to ask about things are concerning your oral health.
- Let your dentist know if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- Tell your dentist about any recent medical issues.
- If you are on any new medications or were taken off any old medications, be sure to let your dentist know about these too.
The key to helping your teeth stay beautiful is to communicate with your dentist. Maintaining beautiful, healthy teeth can be achieved if you talk to your dentist about your overall health.