If you’re dissatisfied with any aspect of your smile, you may be considering a cosmetic dentistry procedure at Oak Brook Smiles. Dr. Omar Haque understands that patients want to know how their smile will appear after completing one or more of these elective procedures. That is why he includes cosmetic dentistry before and after photos in every consultation session. These pictures are of former patients who have allowed our dental clinic to take a snapshot immediately before and after a specific cosmetic enhancement.
Which Cosmetic Dentistry Option is Right for You?
Depending on your specific dental issues, more than one cosmetic dentistry procedure may be appropriate for you. Dr. Haque will discuss the following options during your consultation:
- Bone Grafting: In order to receive dental implants, a permanent alternative to removable dentures, the bone surrounding the area to receive the implants needs to be strong enough to hold it firmly in place. When bone structure is too weak, Dr. Haque removes it from another area of your mouth and transfers it so he can proceed with the dental implant.
- Porcelain Crowns/Caps: Porcelain crowns or caps are an ideal option for concealing deep cracks or other imperfections in a tooth. A crown or cap is also a good treatment option when a tooth has a large area of decay that is not treatable with a typical dental filling. Dr. Haque places it over the entire chewing surface of the tooth to protect it from further damage.
- Porcelain Fixed Bridges: A dental bridge, which anchors to surrounding teeth for support, replaces two or more consecutive missing teeth. Dr. Haque performs this procedure for cosmetic reasons as well as to restore oral health. When tooth loss is untreated, the teeth remaining in your mouth start to shift. This can lead to additional tooth loss and dental pain as well as increase the likelihood of serious diseases linked to oral health problems.
- Porcelain Veneers: A veneer is most appropriate for minor cosmetic enhancements. It is made from ceramic and extremely thin, making it easy to place over a crack, gap, or discoloration. Dr. Haque needs to remove a tiny amount of enamel from your tooth prior to placing the veneer to make sure that it doesn’t protrude further than the other teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening can help you improve the appearance of your smile by as much as 10 shades. This procedure may be right for you if you have yellow or brown stained teeth that make you feel self-conscious of your smile. Oak Brook Smiles offers both an in-office and at-home option.
We encourage you to contact us to learn more about each of the above dental procedures as well as to view cosmetic dentistry before and after photos.